Monday 14 January 2013

Career Intention


2D Artist
Storyboard Artist, Character designer 

After studying my BA (Hons) degree in Animation, I am hoping to work in 2D. I am thinking of looking at being a 2D Artist and focus on the ‘development’ stage of the pipeline. I am hoping to be part of Storyboarding or character design for TV, film, gaming or advertising, but mainly for TV. This has always been the stage of animation that i enjoy and I find it interesting. Communicating ideas using visual images to preview a film, animation sequence. And designing characters is always something ive enjoyed doing and would love to peruse a career in doing that. Also, perhaps come up with my own tv show (freelance work).  

I feel i have the skills that enquire to take on these roles. I have strong drawing skills , good communication and can work quickly to meet deadlines. I could do with building my skills on film camera and types of shots. Maybe taking on the knowledge of a director too. 

Software knowledge needed flash, flipbook, photoshop, premiere (best for 2D animation, storyboarding). Comfortable working on photoshop, flipbook and premiere. Need to learn basic flash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment